Facilities & Services
Mt Stirling’s main hub and facilities are located at Telephone Box Junction, approximately 8km drive from the base of the mountain. At TBJ you will find:
- Visitor Centre – discover all you need to know about the various trails and activities available on the mountain.
- Ski Hire – rent toboggans, waterproof clothing, snowshoes, cross-country and telemark skis for adults and children.
- The Mt Stirling Cafe – open weekends from 10am-4pm from December to April. HOLIDAY HOURS: OPEN 10am - 4pm TUE 27 DEC, WED 28 DEC, SAT 31 DEC and MON 2 JAN. The place to grab great home-made food, including tea and coffee, a range of cakes, slices and cookies, tasty toasties, sausage rolls and pies - perfect before or after a ski, hike, bike or horse ride!
- Ski School - regular lessons are offered for adults and children of all ages, as well as school group programs and social tours.
- First Aid Centre and the Ski Patrol base – get advice on the alpine conditions or seek medical assistance from the friendly and capable Ski Patrol team.
- Public shelter – warm up beside the cosy fireplace in the public shelter, the perfect spot to enjoy a post-ski hot chocolate.
Public toilets can be found behind the Visitor Centre at Telephone Box Junction, and are also situated at key locations around the mountain including Cricket Pitch, King Saddle, Razorback Hut, Bluff Spur Hut, Howqua Gap and at GGS Hut near the summit.
The above facilities at Telephone Box Junction are available only during the snow season.
In summer we have:
The Mt Stirling Cafe:- has delicious home-made offerings on the menu, and will be open in summer.
HOLIDAY HOURS: OPEN 10am - 4pm TUE 27 DEC, WED 28 DEC, SAT 31 DEC and MON 2 JAN.
Open from 10am-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays from November 2016 until the end of April 2017, with the potential to open on public holidays and long weekends.