Facilities & Services
Mt Stirling’s main hub and facilities are located at Telephone Box Junction, approximately 8km drive from the base of the mountain. At TBJ you will find:
- Visitor Centre – discover all you need to know about the various trails and activities available on the mountain.
- Ski Hire – rent toboggans, waterproof clothing, snowshoes, cross-country and telemark skis for adults and children. Closed from 30 September 2018
- The Mt Stirling Cafe – open until 30 September 2018 then weekends and public holidays from December to 2 April. The place to grab great home-made food, including tea and coffee, a range of sweet treats, tasty toasties, sausage rolls, pies - and of course excellent service and local knowledge!
- Ski School - regular lessons are offered for adults and children of all ages, as well as school group programs and social tours. Available until 30 September 2018.
- First Aid Centre and the Ski Patrol base – get advice on the alpine conditions or seek medical assistance from the friendly and capable Ski Patrol team.
- Public shelter – warm up beside the cosy fireplace in the public shelter, the perfect spot to enjoy a post-ski hot chocolate.
Public toilets can be found behind the Visitor Centre at Telephone Box Junction, and are also situated at key locations around the mountain including Cricket Pitch, King Saddle, Razorback Hut, Bluff Spur Hut, Howqua Gap and at GGS Hut near the summit.
The above facilities at Telephone Box Junction are available only during the snow season.